Thursday, October 20, 2016

Compose your frame


I work at the academic advisement center and I took this photo at the front desk. Even in such a simple place there are several photography aspects that I found. The rule of thirds I noticed first,  the bell in the photo is right at one of those points where the lines meet making it a more interesting composition, the other point of interest is trash bin, which is the figure ground aspect of the photo. Also there are some diagonal lines that create a slight vantage point to the windows. This concept gives it a sense of movement and the path that is diagonal gives the eye a something to follow. Although, I don't think the diagonal lines are as prominent as the vectors. The Vectors are the upward points and motion of the vertical windows and most of the lines in this photo are upward. I also noticed the desk edge also is a horizontal vector, giving the sense of motion and direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment